Terms to Identify:
- Treaty of Cateau-Cambresis
- St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre
- War of the Three Henrys
- Henry of Navarre (Henry IV)/Edict of Nantes
- Revolt of the Netherlands/Union of Utrecht
- Spanish Armada
Questions to Consider:
- What differentiated the Habsburg-Valois Wars from the religious wars of the 17th century? What accounted for this change?
- What were some of the reasons for religious warfare in the 16th century? How did they vary based on country?
- What accounted for religious strife in France, and what major step did Henry IV take to remedy this?
- How do the happenings between Spain and the Netherlands predict the future of religion in Europe?